Wednesday, August 28, 2013

i really wanted it to be a wedding

I saw the lyrics and chords for this song sitting on a friend's piano.

I've been trying to do it right
I've been living a lonely life
I've been sleeping here instead
I've been sleeping in my bed
sleeping in my bed

So show me family
All the blood that I will bleed
I don't know where I belong
I don't know where I went wrong
But I can write a song

I belong with you
You belong with me
You're my sweetheart
I belong with you
You belong with me
You're my sweetheart

I noticed that it was standard four chord progression, and since I had never heard the song, I imagined up the melody, then looked it up later at home.

I love falling in love with songs. And I love discovering them in atypical ways.

Ho Hey by the Lumineers. It's a hauntingly sweet song, with a beautiful music video as well.


However.

I just really, really, wanted the video to culminate in a wedding. Cause they're all in that building with the pretty lights and everyone looks nice and I just wanted to see a bride and groom laughing and happy in the middle of the crowd.

Ah well.

3 comments:

Everyone's Favorite Composer said...

GAH WHY DID YOU NOT TELL ME I LOVE THIS SONG TOO!!!!!

Everyone's Favorite Composer said...

Wow why is my name all weird...? Silly apostrophe is having identity issues.

T.D. said...

DUDE WHAT?
That is just. Oh my gosh. YAY.

hahaha oh that poor apostrophe :P