Monday, August 26, 2013

love's right behind you



She wears a white dress
She's beautiful and vulnerable.

She sees the light and it's saying 'come back'
She's out the door but she hasn't left yet
There's still time, still a chance.

And I start believing her when she says that
The city's gonna save her love
Don't leave her I know just what she's looking for
He has it, but she doesn't realize it.

Oh but all she knows is a picture that keeps fading on
But I can't let her go that's why I'm telling her
He's persistent, he's persistent.

I wanna love you more
Than all of the things you wanted
Than all of the things you're not
It doesn't matter where she's been, what she's done, 
he loves her even more than her dreams and beyond her failures
it's Christ-like and beautiful

You want to have it all
But you found it in the city
But the city doesn't talk
The city can't give it to you. Stop looking where it won't satisfy.

No comments: